Friday, January 20, 2012

#18 On The List Is Crossed Off!

18. Do something unexpected for my grandmother Shirley


One of the reason's I wanted to do something unexpected for my grandmother Shirley is because I realize that I don't have the relationship that I should have with her. We all tend to have people in our lives whether it's a family member or friend, that for whatever reason(s) we don't make that big of a deal to nurture the relationship. I realized that I wanted to change that. Out of the four grandparents I had, excluding two of my step-grandparents, I only have two of them that are alive and in my life. I don't want to take that for granted anymore. Tomorrow is not promised to any of us. I want to spend what time that I have left with my grandparents enjoying them and showing how much I love and appreciate them.


 Today, my grandmother Shirley and I spent went to lunch. I picked her up and took her to this really nice Japanese bistro & steakhouse. We had a wonderful chef that entertained us with his cooking talents, jokes, and ability to play the drums. It was a nice experience for her and we got to spend some much needed quality time together. Being able to do something small to show my appreciation for her felt good. Although I'm going to cross this off my list, this will be an ongoing thing because it's the beginning of working on the relationship I have with her. 


So granny in case you get to read this I hope you know how much I truly love and appreciate you. I know that we reside in different states, so although I might now get to see you as much as I would like, I'm going to make a point to stay in touch and visit as much as I can. Even when I can't be there I want you to know how much I love you and hope from this day on I'm capable of doing that. I love you dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment